Small Lifestyle Goals For 2016.

20:00 Unknown 30 Comments




This year, I didn't really make any New Years Resolutions. To me it feels like it's more of a cliche. Something that everyone does, but nobody ever sticks to, or maybe that's just me.  In saying that, there are a few things I would like to do this year. I wouldn't call them big changes, more just little goals that I would like to achieve. 


1. Read Books: I would like to make time to read this year. I use to be such a book worm, but over the past few years, it's turned into something I rarely do, something I only do on the odd occasion. Which is quite sad, seeing as reading is something I enjoy. So this year I want to specifically make time for reading. Even if it is just 10 minutes a day. Who knows, maybe I will get through that half finished  Game of Thrones book sitting on dresser.

2. Drink More Water & Eat Healthier: In the last few weeks, my diet has really taken a downfall. I guess that it was bound to happen, being the holiday season. So I really want to focus on making small changes that will really benefit me. I want to reduce the amount of junk food I eat and increase the amount of wholesome foods (think fruit and veg) in my diet. My water intake is actually pretty good, however I don't always get that 2L per day. This year I want to make sure I am at least drinking 2L of water per day. I also would like to be more active.

3. Take More Photo's: I don't really take a lot of photo's, I always mean to, but then I just forget about it or it's too last minute. So this year I want to make sure to take photos so I can capture the memories. I don't think this one will be difficult because I am expecting, so I imagine there will be lots of baby and family photos I take.

4. Blog More: In this post I spoke about how blogging just didn't work out for me last year. I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to have a set posting schedule for various reaons (if you would like to know why click on the previous link). However I still do want to post at least a few times a month because I enjoy it. Right now, this is going to plan as I already have quite a few post written up. I would like to keep this up.


5. Spend More Time With Loved Ones: Lastly, I want to make a conscious effort to spend more time with loved ones. Of course there are going to be times when life does get in the way. However those times won't matter if I am already making time for my loved ones.

6. Save Money: This year I would  like to become more savvy with my money. In particular I would like to save up a decent chunk and would like to decrease the amount of unnecessary product purchases I make. 


Those are a few of my goals for this year. I am quite optimistic in achieving them. Did you make any resolutions for 2016 or is there anything you would like to achieve this year? if so let me know in the comments below. If you'd like to keep up to date with my post, the best way to do so is via Bloglovin' or twitter.


Ps. It's Okay To Need A Break


-xx

You Might Also Like

30 comments:

  1. Great goals! For your water goal, I recommend using a water drinking app (I use one called Aqualert) to remind you to drink water throughout the day. Have a good 2016!x

    nickyjane99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely download a water app. That will help me heaps since sometitmes I just forget to drink it. Wishing you the best for the year ahead.

      -xx

      Delete
  2. These all sound like great and very do-able goals! To get myself drinking more water I'm now carrying around the bottle I got with my Blend Active smoothie maker, as it holds 600mls so more than the average bottle. I don't take enough photos either, and when I want to I never can on my phone because I've used up all my storage - definitely need a clear out of my phone now that it's January. Good luck in achieving your goals :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I am hoping I can achieve them. Which I should most definitely, if I put my mind to it of course. I usually have my 1L drink bottle filled up and next to me when I am at home. However, I need a smaller one that I can take with me when I am out and about. Problem is, I am really fussy with my drink bottles. You should definitely clear out your phone storage. It will be nice to look back on the photo's. Thank you!

    -xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can agree with you for most of these. Ever since getting my new phone, the quality is much better so I want to try and capture photos whilst out and about. I need to read more too, I kind of miss it! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to forget to take photo's. Hopefully we can both take lots more this year.

      -xx

      Delete
  5. This is a great set of resolutions. I hope you'll reach all of them at the end of the year. Good luck!
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope I can too.

      -xx

      Delete
  6. Nice post! I'm not one for resolutions either. I completed one I worked hard at years ago and now I just wanna set life goals, not annual goals, but with those life goals, I have annual targets too so I guess that'd be some kind of NY resolutions huh? lol
    Xo,
    Miki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job on completeing that resolution you worked so hard towards! I like the idea of setting life goals, and then also smaller goals towards those life goals. Yes, I guess they are in a way New Years resolutions, but instead you could just call them steps to your bigger goals?

      -xx

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely list! I have done exactly the same this year because it feels more manageable and productive having small goals, plus I can take them one by one hehe :D now following you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's a lot more manageable to have smaller goals.

      -xx

      Delete
  8. I haven't made resolutions for 2016 but I do have a couple goals I've set for myself, reading more is one of them! Like you I used to read all the time, but then somehow I've just stopped and I definitely miss it.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it's so easy to fall out of reading. I think you really need to make time to do it. Good luck in achieving your goals for the year.

      -xx

      Delete
  9. I didn't make resolutions instead I set myself small but achievable goals. Love your list can totally agree with number 2 eating healthy is a priority this year. Great post lovely :)X

    http://my-world-heather.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think small achievable goals are the way to go. Good luck in achieving your goals.

      -xx

      Delete
  10. These are great goals, mine are actually quite similar, I really want to save money this year & live a healthier life. Taking more pictures is also something that's on my list, I love capturing memories with my polaroid camera. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I really need to get one of those polaroid camera's. Good luck in achieving your goals for the year ahead.

      -xx

      Delete
  11. Great goals! The best way to start a year is to have a clear insight into what you want to achieve. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goals, I hope you're getting on well with them! They're not so different to mine if I'm honest. Especially the first two! I'm trying to pull myself away from Netflix and instead read a book or read some blogs in the evening - much better for the mind.

    As for drinking more water, I'm terrible at keeping that up so definitely trying to work on it. And eating healthier too, yeah that never goes well for me aha!

    Good luck!

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am doing okay, but I definitely could be doing so much better. Need to get my but into gear. I find it's so easy to switch on Netflix, even when I know I should be reading. I'm really trying to change that though.

      One of my lovely readers suggested downloading an app that tracks your water consumption and reminds you to drink water throughout the day. Maybe you could give that a try? Best of luck in achieving your goals.

      -xx

      Delete
  13. You've got some great goals here - I have a lot of the same ones. I hope it's all going well so far. x

    Erin | http://beingerin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am going alright, but I could definitely be doing better than I am. Need to get my but into gear. GOod luck with achieving your goals for 2016.

      -xx

      Delete
  14. That candle is so pretty :) I really want to get in to reading books this year, it's something I never do so I've set myself a goal to read 20 this year, it's small but do able :) Good luck with your goals!

    www.sophierosee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing too! It's from Dusk. 20 is definitely doable. I think I might set my self a numerical value to reach, that way I have something specific to aim towards. Good luck for your goals, I hope you are able to read those 20 books.

      -xx

      Delete
  15. I much prefer to set myself little goals for the year as opposed to making resolutions - I always find they're more relevant and more likely to keep me engaged. Good luck x

    Emma | HarmonyBlaze.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your goals!! I have really similar ones right now. i refer to make goals too.. i try to make monthly ones and do a monthly review.
    Great post, I like :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Progress is going okay, but could be better. That's great you do monthly goals. I am thinking of doing monthly goal's as well as i feel it will help me be more productive.

      -xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.