2016 Goals: Did I Achieve Them ?

19:00 Unknown 0 Comments



Is it too late to wish you all a Happy New Year? Can you believe it's 2017 already? Last year just flew by (gosh, it feels so weird saying that. By the way, am I the only one that still says gosh?). Today I thought I'd talk about my 2016 goals and whether or not I achieved them.

1. Read Books: Every time I think of this I can't help but have a little laugh to myself. This goal was definitely not achieved, I didn't even finish the book that I had been halfway into for 2 years. I guess that's 3 years now. I did read a few chapters, but I think it's safe to say I did not achieve this goal. Which is kind of sad as reading is something I really enjoy. Maybe this year I will actually finish the book.

2. Drink More Water & Eat Healthier: This was something I really wanted to achieve and I'm happy to say that I did really well. The main thing about this goal was that it was a lifestyle change, not a diet. I don't do diets. A healthier  lifestyle is much more sustainable than a diet. I generally drink 2 litres of water a day (sometimes I may be a bit under) and I am making much more healthier food choices. I also am exercising regularly which is definitely a good thing. I won't go into a lot of detail as I may be doing a post on this in the future. So let me know If that is something you'd like to see; 

3. Take More Photos: I definitely achieved this. If you didn't know, I became a mum in 2016. Which means I did not have any trouble with this goal (I mean she is just way too cute!) - I now have little storage left on my phone. In fact, I really need to get my but into gear and print them off and place them in a photo album.

4. Blog More: I wouldn't say I achieved this, but I am making progress and hope to continue to do so. I'm not too fussed about this as 2016 was a massive year for me. I was adjusting to parenthood and getting to know my little princess. This year I hope to become a bit more consistent with blogging but it will not be the main priority. I am going back to uni so most of my time will be split between Uni related things and spending time with Lily. If I have time to blog, that's great, but making sure I get enough time with Lily is my number one priority. If you have any work-life balance tips, please leave them below. I'd really appreciate it.

5. Spend More Time with Loved Ones: This goal went fairly well, but I could definitely make more progress on this. I'm not saying I don't see anyone, It's more I see a select few people often, and then don't catch up with others for months. I would like to make more of an effort with the people that I see less often as it is so important to spend time with your loved ones.

6. Save Money: This goal needs lots of progress! My partner and I are quite bad at sticking to a budget. If you have any tips please leave them below.


Overall I am quite happy with the progress I made on these goals. Did you make any goals for 2016? If so let me know whether or not you achieved them. My next post will be on my goals for 2017. Follow me on Bloglovin'Twitter & Pinterest so you can keep up to date with the blog.

Ps. How To Achieve Your Goals & A Gratitude List -xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.