Sam Pepper's Social Experiment

14:50 Unknown 2 Comments

Hey guys,

I just wanted to do an extra post to talk about the latest controversy. I'm sure a lot of you know that last week, Sam Pepper uploaded a video which showed him sexually assaulting women. But there was more to it than meets the eye. What a lot of you don't know is that there were three videos. The second video demonstrated the reverse in roles - showing women assaulting men. Now I haven't actually seen the video as it was taken down from Youtube, but Sam did explain it in his final video, the reveal.


The first two video's were staged and scripted, and Sam had gotten consent from all the women and men involved. Sam's aim was to put the spotlight on an issue that is not talked about enough; Men getting abused by women. Sadly, this topic is not cared for as much as women getting abused by men. Which makes me wonder why? why does this topic get laughed off? It's still abuse, it shouldn't matter if a women is the victim, or if a man is a victim. But sadly, it does. Both video's caused people to be outraged, however Sam noticed that there wasn't as much anger when men were the victims.

Sam talks more about this in the reveal, which I strongly urge you to take a look at. For some reason my blog isn't letting me leave a clickable link so I will just provide you with the url (sorry, I know that's annoying). If you go onto Sam's twitter page you can also view the final video there.

 Final video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf2beNubWj4


 The reason I am writing this post is because I feel a lot of people still don't know the rest of the story, and his name is still being slandered because of that. I also want to applaud Sam Pepper for raising light on an important issue that doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.

 What do you guys think about Sam's social experiment?

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. as psych major i LOVE stuff like this. have you watched emma watson's un speech? she touches on how we ignore men's issues. men actually have a LOT more problems than women as far as depression, suicide, mental illness, etc. and it's because our culture teaches them to suppress their emotions! so they never get help because they think it will make them less manly! so horrible. i wish i would have been able to see these videos before they were taken down. it sounds so interesting. thanks for the share!
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SARAH MCDONALD1 October 2014 15:09
      I did watched Emma Watson's UN speech. I'm so glad this issue has been getting attention lately, making more people aware will really help men and their overall health, especially their mental health. That's alright, I thought what he did was very clever and raised an important issue that society needs to be aware of.

      -xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.